Choosing countertops to remodel your kitchen or bathroom is a lot of fun! But it’s also a serious business. One, it’s a major investment and two, it’s a long-term commitment. A commitment that can last for decades and more. That’s why careful countertop selection is non-negotiable. And when talking about the best countertop material, quartz countertop seems to be a top choice.
Indeed, quartz countertops are a popular pick among homeowners, designers, and fabricators. Maybe that’s why you’re also considering installing them in your home. But are they the right choice? They are durable, high-quality, and luxurious. They enable new creative opportunities with their form and functionality. Yet, no material is without fault, and quartz too has some drawbacks.
Remember to check every aspect before selecting a countertop. At last, it must suit your lifestyle and preferences. So, let’s weigh the quartz countertop pros and cons that you must know below.
What is a Quartz Countertop?
Quartz countertop is an engineered countertop, unlike granite or marble. Wondering what is quartz countertops made of? It is a combination of natural quartz, minerals, chemical pigments, and resins. When combined, it makes a strong and durable surface which is often harder than even granite. It’s an excellent example of what nature and innovation can create.
Quartz Countertop Pros and Cons
Let’s look at the pros and cons countertops quartz below.
Here are the benefits of quartz countertops.
- Durable: Countertops quartz is a manmade material. They are built to last for decades without scratches, chipping, and other damages.
- Stain Resistant: They are more resistant to stains compared to granite and marble.
- Modern: They offer a contemporary, clean, crisp, and sleek look to any space. No matter what the style and aesthetic of a room, it’s suitable for all.
- Easy to Maintain: They don’t need special or frequent maintenance like surface sealing. Easy cleaning with water, a mild surface cleaner and a soft cloth is enough to keep up the shine.
- Non-Porous: They are non-porous, meaning the surface doesn’t absorb any liquid or moisture. This feature also makes them an anti-bacterial material option.
- Ample Options: They are available in a wide range of colors, patterns, and finishes. The design options can be simple or even mimic complex patterns of natural stones.
- Versatile Appearance: Quartz countertop material is a versatile option. The areas of applications include kitchens, bathrooms, indoor flooring, fireplaces and more.
- Adds Value: With their rising popularity, the property’s value also rises. It’s becoming a more appealing option for buyers.
Here are the problems with quartz countertops.
- Heat Vulnerability: Quartz is heat-resistant, but the resin present in countertops is not. So, when countertops come in contact with heat, the resin melts causing discoloration.
- Difficult to Install: They are heavy and difficult to handle. That’s why professional installation is best for such materials.
- Indoor Use Only: These countertops are best for indoor applications only. It is because direct sunlight can cause discoloration of countertops.
- Manmade Material: They are an engineered countertop material. They might mimic natural stone’s appearance, but they’re unable to deliver the same essence.
- Price Point: They give any space a classy and luxurious look, so their price is often high.
How Long Do Quartz Countertops Last?
Most countertops quartz last for a long time. In general, the warranties range between 10-15 years. If one maintains the countertops well, they might even extend their warranty period. Also, the longevity depends on the supplier you buy from. So, make sure to buy quartz worktops from a reliable supplier like Stone Depot.
How Often Do You Have to Seal Quartz Countertops?
The good news is, that quartz doesn’t need sealing like some natural stones. The engineered countertop has a solid surface and no pores. It means the maintenance need is low. There are no requirements for sealant. But, if you want to keep up the countertop’s beauty, ensure regular cleaning. All it needs is a basic cleaning using water, a soft cloth, and a mild surface cleaner.
How Much are Quartz Countertops?
Quartz can be expensive compared to some countertop material options in the market. Different sellers quote different prices. So, if you want to know the genuine quartz countertop cost and buy it, choose Stone Depot.
Looking for Quartz Countertops Dallas, TX?
If buyers are looking for durable, versatile, and low-maintenance countertops, pick quartz. Also, if you’re into high-end and luxurious-looking materials, it’ll for sure meet your demands. So, for quartz countertops Houston, contact none other than Stone Depot. We are a leading supplier of manmade and natural stone products.
We’ve been in the industry for decades. Our experience and expertise help us offer high-quality stones at the best prices. We also promise to deliver using secure packaging within the shortest lead time possible. Contact us today!
Shyamli Hembrom is a well-known writer and we can understand how fantastic writer he is. His extreme and overwhelming writing style have touched the mind of many as he always writes factual matter that is informational and is capable of sharing with others as well.